Week 9 (25 hours): bio/biochem review week
- Catch up if you have fallen behind or skipped over any bio/biochem videos or sections of the study guide.
- Test yourself with the AAMC outline as you did for chem/phys, just for bio/biochem this time.
- Take 75 questions from the AAMC Section Bank as described previously.
- Review or relearn the topics you identify from your review of the AAMC outline.
- Read something challenging and not directly MCAT-related as described in week 1.
- Rewatch bio/biochem videos for topics that you don’t feel 100% confident about. Remember: the topics covered in the videos are the highest-yield, meaning that they are the most likely to show up on your actual MCAT. As you’re nearing the finish line, make sure you’re owning the most important topics.
- Skim the bio/biochem section of the Study Guide. Don’t read every single word again, but look at every page again to double check that you’ve covered everything, and to refresh your memory on the content.
- Amino acids memorized: Make sure that you can write out, from memory, all of the structure, 3-letter codes, 1-letter codes, and special properties of the 20 amino acids.